December 1, 2019
First Sunday in Advent
Romans 13: 11-14
Advent / Christmas Services
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, 6:30pm, O Come, O Come, Emmanuel: Bear to us Kindness
- Sunday, Dec. 8, 9am, O Come, O Come, Emmanuel: Bear to us Peace
- Wednesday, Dec. 11, 6:30pm, O Come, O Come, Emmanuel: Bear to us Tenderness
- Sunday, Dec. 15, 9am, Gaudete Sunday, Sunday School Pageant
- Wednesday, Dec. 18, 6:30pm, Service of Lessons and Carols, Concordia Classical Academy and Good Shepherd Choirs
- Saturday, Dec. 21, 3-5pm, Christmas Caroling
- Sunday, Dec. 22, 9am, O Come, O Come, Emmanuel: Bear to us Love
- Tuesday, Dec. 24, 4pm and 10pm Christmas Eve Candle Light "Our Emmanuel Comes!"
- Wednesday, Dec. 25, Feast of Christmas Day
Rev Vance and Linda Becker - Serving the Lord in Kenya
StewardshipMatt. 21:3 – “If anyone says anything to you, you shall say, ‘The Lord needs them,’ and he will send them at once.” Just a colt and her foal. How significant could they be? Could they really be used by the Lord for some great, heavenly purpose? This is one facet of stewardship we often forget: it is a blessing to us to be of service in the Lord’s kingdom. What honor the Lord bestows upon us by using our gifts for His goals.
“Here is why Christmas matters … ‘[H]e too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death …’ (Hebrews 2:14a). Imagine that. He needed a human body so it could be nailed to a cross. He needed human blood so it could be poured out as a sin offering for the world. For you. And it all started in Bethlehem. What can you say to that but ‘glory to God in the highest!’” Pastor Mark Jeske, Time of Grace - A Life Quote from Lutherans For Life www.lutheransforlife.org
What About Life
- LCMS Life Ministries
- Lutherans for Life
- God's Gift of Life
- The Gospel - Forgiveness (PDF)
- HHS Mandate
- October Baby - Movie
- unPLANNED - book
- Reformation 500 items
- Lutheranism 101 (book)
- A Man Named Martin - Part 1: The Man
- A Man Named Martin - Part 2: The Moment
- Martin Luther - The Idea that Changed the World
- Concordia: The Lutheran Confessions (book)
- What is a Lutheran
- The Lutheran Study Bible
- Hymnal in Every Home
- The Lutheran Difference
- What About Martin Luther
- The Wittenberg Project
- Lutheran Spirituality
- Why am I a Lutheran | study guide
- How Shall We Regard the Bible?
What About Marriage
- Marriage - Obsolete or Just Misunderstood?
- Whatever Happened to Sin?
- Family Vocation
- Marriage Is Like Dancing
- Life Library — Marriage
- Marriage/Wedding Resources
- What about...