- Advent Worship - Wednesday @ 7pm, December 7, 14, 21 (Choral Service)
- Children's Christmas Program - Sunday, December 18 @ 7pm
- Christmas Eve - Saturday, December 24 @ 4pm
- Christmas Day - Sunday, December 25 @ 9am
- Who is Jesus?
- Advent Devotions
- What is Advent
- Christmas Gifts
- Hymns for All Saints: Advent, Christmas, Epiphany
- The Very First Christmas
- What Happened to Merry Christmas
- Kids in the Divine Service for the Lutheran Service Book Advent | Christmas
December 4, 2016
Second Sunday of Advent
Matthew 3:1-2 “In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, 2 "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."” John prepared the way for Jesus by preaching repentance. Then, when Jesus' ministry was complete and He was raised from the dead, He sent out his disciples to preach “repentance and the forgiveness of sins.” We never outgrow the need for repentance – for examining our lives, turning away from our pet sins, and turning toward Jesus in faith to receive his forgiveness and strength for a renewed life of godliness.
“As to the seasons, it remains the season in which we are Christ’s ‘witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the end of the earth.’ … The next time you receive Holy Communion, you will be standing in a holy place with ‘the assembly of the first-born who are enrolled in heaven... and Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant’ (Hebrews 12:23-24). He is the Eternal Lord, who is rightly glorified ‘at every season and every hour, in Heaven and on earth.’” James M. Kushiner, The Fellowship of St. James – A Life Quote from Lutherans For Life www.lutheransforlife.org
What About Life
- LCMS Life Ministries
- Lutherans for Life
- God's Gift of Life
- The Gospel - Forgiveness (PDF)
- HHS Mandate
- October Baby - Movie
- unPLANNED - book
- Reformation 500 items
- Lutheranism 101 (book)
- A Man Named Martin - Part 1: The Man
- A Man Named Martin - Part 2: The Moment
- Concordia: The Lutheran Confessions (book)
- What is a Lutheran
- The Lutheran Study Bible
- Hymnal in Every Home
- The Lutheran Difference
- What About Martin Luther
- The Wittenberg Project
- Lutheran Spirituality
- Why am I a Lutheran | study guide
- How Shall We Regard the Bible?
What About Marriage
- Marriage - Obsolete or Just Misunderstood?
- Whatever Happened to Sin?
- Family Vocation
- Marriage Is Like Dancing
- Life Library — Marriage
- Marriage/Wedding Resources
- What about...