Do I have to be Lutheran to Attend?
You do not need to be Lutheran to attend the school. Lutheran beliefs will be taught that are in full agreement with the Bible. The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod holds true to the Bible as inerrant and unchangeable Word of God.
Our teachers affirm the doctrines in the Book of Concord, the confessions of the Lutheran Church. These are found in simple form in Luther's Small Catechism.
The following is a brief summary of our Biblical beliefs:
- The whole Bible is God's inspired and true word, and is the ultimate source of true teaching.
- The Triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, is the only true God and the personal creator, redeemer and preserver of all things.
- God mad the whole universe by his Word in six days. He is the source and owner of all life and dearly love all people.
- Jesus Christ, by his perfect life, innocent death and victorious resurrection, provides forgiveness and eternal life for all people. This is the true Gospel.
- All people are born sinners and are externally condemned unless saved by Jesus Christ alone, by God's grace alone and through faith alone.
- Faith is caused by the Holy Spirit, using God's Word in the Gospel and in the Sacrament of Holy Baptism.
- True believers in Jesus leave this world when they die, to be with God forever. Jesus will return once more to tend this creation and to separate all he has rescued from those still in sin.
- The Christian church is all who believe in Jesus Christ alone, using his true gospel and sacraments. The church, as God's agent, gives forgiveness to all who repent and believe
- The Ten Commandments show us our sinfulness, our need for a Savior, and God's will for our lives today. In them, God tell us to trust Him exclusively, use his name carefully, reserve time for worship, honor his representatives, value all human life, reserver sexual intimacy for marriage, protect other's property, speak the truth, and reject lust, greed and envy.
- The Lord's Prayer expresses the believer's highest desire, to live a holy life by faith in God.
- The Holy Spirit causes saving faith in those who are baptized, including infants.
- In Holy Communion, Jesus gives his true body and blood, with the bread and wine, to all who eat and drink; which gives forgiveness to those who believe in Jesus.
- What is a Lutheran
- What do Lutheran's Believe...
- Book of Concord
- Creeds (Apostle's, Nicene, Athanasian)
Why Lutheran Education
Visit goodshepherdmankato.org for even more information
Train a child in the way he should go; and even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6